Sunday, December 28, 2008

Still Alive

Alright, I know I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth lately. We have been SOOOO extremely busy and it seems like the more I get behind posting harder it seems to get caught up. So in an attempt to not cry over the sad state of my blog I am going to post this meme that several of my friends have posted. Then I will have something new and pretty up and I will feel inspired to post something else soon (like our family holiday letter).

20 YEARS AGO (1988):
1. I was 6 years old and in Kindergarten. Mrs. Cohen was my teacher and AMAZING!
2. I lived in Orange, California and was way too spoiled for my own good.
3. My little brother Doug was born
4. I am pretty sure it was when I learnt to ride a two wheeler.

10 YEARS AGO (1998):
1. I was a Sophomore in high school.
2. I had just moved to Keizer, OR.
3. I got my drivers license.
4. I worked in a pharmacy.
5. I visited NYC for the first time.

5 YEARS AGO (2003):
1. I celebrated my first wedding anniversary.
2. My first son (Frog Prince) was born
3. I took my finals that year with a three day old baby.
4. My brother came to live with us when he was 15.
5. I was in Godspell at a local theatre.
6. I spent the summer doing some white water rafting and camping (two of the greatest things around).
7. We moved three times.

1 YEAR AGO (2007):
1. I celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary.
2. I was celebrating my middle child (Sheepie's) 2nd birthday
3. We celebrated owning our house for two whole years.
4. I learnt that we could live without TV happily
5. My dog Wriggley had to be put to sleep.

THIS YEAR (2008):
1. My third son (Boy) was born.
2. I learnt that there is power (and I look amazing) in skirts, high heels, and angel red lipstick!
3. We took our first real family holiday: Disneyland!!!!
4. Frog Prince turned 5 and sheepie turned 3.
5. My husband went to India for 2 months/ I learnt the lesson of single parenting.
6. We read the entire Book of Mormon as a Family.

NEXT YEAR:
1. Celebrate our 7th anniversary.
2. Celebrated Boy's first birthday
3. Frog Prince will start Kindergarten.
4. We will take a summer vacation (hopefully to take the kids hiking around Crater Lake).
5. I will turn 27.
6. Be on step closer to adopting a baby.
7. Read the entire Old Testament.
8. Have yet another year of awesome Halloween costumes.

No comments: