Thursday, April 21, 2011

In which we play catch up...

We certainly like to keep busy around our little country home here in Corvallis.

Even as I sit down to type I am realising, it is coming at a price; the upstairs will look like a bomb went off by the time I'm done. I can hear Goob screeching at someone, Boy yelling commandments about what everyone ought to be doing, and I am fairly certain I hear Sheepie marching around the house counting to five in French over and over again. You're guess is as good as mine!

But as I was saying, we are busy little people here. We like adventures, going places, and just generally spending our time together. I hope it is something we will always enjoy doing. So, in true 'let's play catch up' form, I thought I'd share some of the things we have been up to over the last little while.


January brought a landmark for the Goob; the dreaded first hair cut!



He apparently liked making foil hats, while Mommy's cooking more than his new hair.




We also managed to get out and do some fun hiking in once Mr. C's ankle was getting stronger. We still have to take it slow, but it's better than being stuck indoors.




Goob and Mr. C did come with us; Mr. C had a business call, so we went ahead without him and he and the Goob caught up with us about 15 minutes into the hike.

Toward the end of January, Sheepie had another special friend come to visit us from school. Madeline has been a huge hit around our house and Sheepie and she spent the day cooking French foods together, before making her a new school outfit. (he fell in love with her so much, he ended up getting his own, slightly larger Madeline doll from the Toy Factory).









The wonderful Mr. C and I also went to his company's annual holiday ball. This year they decided to hold it during the New Year's season for whatever reason, but we had a nice time.



Our last big adventure of January was the family room. It was one of the spaces that never got painted before we moved in. It was slowly driving me crazy to sit in the white white, boring, unfinished room. So in the middle of the night's I decided it was time to get it done.





Yes, this is what a crazy woman, who has probably smelt too many paint fumes looks like at 2 am.





In the end the middle of the night crazys were worth it!

No comments: