Thursday, February 26, 2009

The very foundation on which greatness stands

"I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is. To create an environment that's stimulating and nurturing, to pass on a sense of responsibility to another human being, to raise a child who understands that he or she is created from good and is capable of anything-I know for sure that few callings are more honorable. To play down mothering as small is to crack the very foundation on which greatness stands."
~ Jane Clayson Johnson
Former Host of CBS's The Early Show turned stay at home mom.

3 comments:

Allanna said...

Nice!

Unknown said...

I love Jane Clayson Johnson!!

Danna said...

Thank you I needed to hear that!! Hope you don't mind me buggin into your blog!!