Thursday, March 19, 2009

So many adventures

I feel like it's been quite a while since I've posted a new blog, and I honestly can't remember what was the last thing I talked about.


So here are some recaps of the crazy lives we live lately.


Boy and Hubby turn the big 1 and 29 this Sunday. I can hardly believe that my baby will be a whole year old already. The year seemed to have flown by, and I hardly can imagine the fat, happy little boy I see as the same tiny and fragile thing that was laying in the NICU 12 months ago. (Hubby is just happy he finally has an excuse to have people ignore his birthdays-- not going to happen, hun).

My new calling of Assistant Camp Director is going well, and I am finally starting to feel like I know what I am doing. Only time will tell how true this is, but I love the calling, and am excited to get to be with the girls!

My major project for Enrichment (women's group at church) went well-- I think-- and I made the deadline without too much duress or stress. Several people have suggested we do the same presentation for the Young Women; I think it would be fun, but I might tweak it a bit to include them more, if they do ask us.

The ickle fetus is growing like a weed and last night as I was going to bed I looked in the mirror and had that, 'Wow, I got fat, all of the sudden,' moment. Hubby just laughed and said I'd been getting fat for a while. We're about a month out from finding out what the sex is... but it's been a heated debate between the older kids as to if we should have another boy or a girl. I have tried to explain we don't have much say in the matter and we will love the baby no matter what. Right now, Frog Prince is trying to sell us on the name, "Anikan Skywalker" for a boy, and Sheepie thinks that "Oki Wan Kanobi" is a perfectly acceptable girls name. Can you tell what they love these days.

Our major adventure is a pretty one of late. We've decided that we're going to sell our house and build a new one. Told ya.... pretty big. We've prayed and prayed about selling the house and both come back with such a strong feeling that despite the economy and such it's the right time for us to be doing this.... so we're just taking the leap and putting it on the market.

This week I've been painting and cleaning and decluttering like you wouldn't believe. I am presently covered in white paint flecks from doing touch ups to all the windows and trim in our house, as well as painting all the doors white. We are going to be doing some more major projects as well, including installing a new backdoor, putting down some more tile around the fire place, and reseeding the whole back yard.

So, if anyone out there is looking for a lovely three bedroom starter home in a quiet neighbourhood..... you know where to look!

That's about it for now... Hope you're enjoying the little peeks at Spring that come and go.

No comments: