Monday, November 17, 2008

Thoughts on Motherhood Part Two

Frog Prince may be my first born, but there
never has been, nor will there ever be another little boy like my Sheepie!




I don't even know where to begin with this little boy, all he has to do is look at me and my heart melts! With Sheepie, I get the pleasure of learning that motherhood really is about teaching. Each day Sheepie and I are constantly teaching each other how to relate to one another; and for every knock down drag out battle that we have, there is an equally powerful and tender moment were we can cuddle up together and grow.




This is especially true because in addition to being Sheepie's mother, I get to be his actual teacher as well. This last Sunday, I took my nursery class into the primary for the first. They only have a handful of weeks left before they are officially in the primary program at church, and we are prepping them for what it will be like. I will admit that I got a little teary eyed seeing my sweet Sheepie sitting so reverently and happily, surrounded by all the older children in our ward. As a nursery teacher you really have two choices-- use the two hours as a glorified babysitting for parents, or use the special time you have with these children to give them their first exposure to the truth that Jesus loves them, that they can learn to make good choices, and if you're lucky help them start to feel the sweetness of the Holy Ghost. Sheepie has made this opportunity all the sweeter for me, as he is constantly a ray of happiness and willingness in class. It never gets old hearing him remember the things that he is learning and doing at home, and sharing them days/weeks/even months later in class.


Thank you Sheepie, for teaching me that the faith of a little boy is real-- I will miss having you in my class!

No comments: