Friday, October 9, 2009

Spoiled


Yesterday, I had a root canal. I don't recommend that anyone get one, even though the pain from the dying tooth was way worse than anything the root canal tossed my way. The actual root canal itself wasn't bad at all. I just popped on my head phones, cranked up the music on my phone and couldn't feel a thing.

And since my dentist told me he and his wife read my blog, I'd like to give a shout out to the wonderful Dr. Wood, for making my tooth thoroughly root canalled. Next time I'll aim for a less annoying tooth.

So, as I said, yesterday I had a root canal, and had been having really icky tooth pain since last Saturday. Leave it to the amazingly wonderful Mr. C to take care of me, and yet again teach his sons how to treat the important women in their lives. Upon getting home he cuddled everyone up to snuggle for a while, and then seeing that my head was going to explode, he took all the boys out for a car ride so that I could rest.

I'm not really sure how long they were gone, since my mom was chatting with me on the phone most of the time, to keep my mind off the discomfort, but a while later my bedroom door swings open and a wild band of men come charging into my room declaring that they've brought me 'surprises'.



This is apparently the bounty you get when you have a root canal in our house. A new back massager, a mini food processor, and a Snuggie-- specially picked out for me by Frog Prince, since he saw an infomercial for them on TV. I also got good smelling candles, and the boys played their guitar and sang a 'get better, I love you so much' song for me.

Am I spoiled or what!

Sadly, this is all you get from Mommy, when she has a root canal.



A very messy house !



And yes, this is me rocking my snuggie. Say what you will, I think this thing is the most comfy lounge about the house thing I've ever had... you know you all secretly want one too!

So, my friends, the moral of the story: Root Canal= icky badness. Family who treats their mommy/wife way better than she deserves= all time win!

1 comment:

Bob C said...

The pictue you captioned "What happens when Mommy has a root canal - a very messy house" could also be captioned "Benjamin and his Trail of Destruction" or "What Happens after 30 Seconds Around Here"