Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Blessings of Heaven

Sunday, September 6th, 2009 we blessed our fourth baby boy.


I will tell you that it never becomes less special to be able to see my amazing husband stand up and pronounce blessing from our Heavenly Father on his sons. To hear one Father promise through another to open the endless wonders of heaven upon ones child is a glimpse of eternity.

I am so grateful for a husband who is worthy of such a job as giving my sons a name and blessing. I am grateful for the unceasing commitment he makes to being a worthy and unmatched father. I am grateful for the way in which he is in tune with Heavenly Father, and know what He wants to be said for each of our children. I love you Mr. C.

I am beyond grateful for a perfect little boy who I know was meant to be a part of our family, at this time. I look forward to seeing the promises of his blessing come true as he seeks after what Heavenly Father would have him do. As I held his perfect little body, all dressed in white that day, I realised how very much I look forward to seeing him wear white once more, and that it would be even sweeter, as I realised that again he would be doing so with both his father and his Father by his side.

I am most profoundly grateful to my Heavenly Father for the gift of my sweet and utterly delicious son. Every time I think He couldn't possibly have anything more to bless me with, because I already have more than I've ever dreamt of, The Lord surprises me, and this time it has been with this precious child. Thank you for not only trusting me with one of your child, but in so doing, allowing me to be taught and reminded daily of your love for me. Thank you for forgiving me of my own short comings and helping me to become better, so that I can help him through his life to be the best of himself. But mostly, thank you for blessing him with the things in his life that I know were meant for no one but him, so that one day he will be the man I know is growing in him already.

No comments: