Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Titanic Cake


It rolled around to being that time of year again. Time for FP to request some out of this world idea for a cake. Honestly, I knew this one was coming almost all year. Anyone who knows Frog Prince knows that there are two great loves in his life, frogs and the RMS Titanic. So without further ado. FP's seventh birthday cake.











Not nearly as well put together as the Mach 5, but considering it took me all of a half an hour total to make, colour, and lay the fondant, and I had to recook all of the cake twice, I will take what I can get. I can only imagine what I will have to create next... oh wait I don't, Boy has asked for a Winnie the Pooh cake for his third birthday.

Stats: Three 9x13 cakes, four tubs of butter cream frosting to rough ice it, and over two lbs of marshmallow fondant.

3 comments:

THE YOUNG-INS said...

i have a winnie the pooh cake tin if you want to use it.

veedub said...

ron & i had a pooh cake for our wedding and for each subsequent renewal of vows (every ten years), except for the last one, which was a sheet cake with our pictures both in wedding dresses (from the brides of march) and the caption "still crazy after all these years". but even on this one there was the picture of pooh in the background.

always "time for a little something"

Heather said...

ha! that's awesome! good job- hey an thanks for the update newsletter!