Tuesday, July 26, 2011

May....be my brain will remember May!

I honestly can't remember much of what happened in May. I think a combination of pregnancy brain and single parent syndrome suck it all out of my brain. I had to look on our picasa account to even remember the things I will post about. If I weren't so lazy I'd go back on Facebook to May and look at some of my old status updates. But I am lazy.

Note to Facebook, you really should, in all of your nine billion changes you do, make a way to search and archive status updates. Just sayin'.

Anyways... In May:

I got to take another fun field trip with FP's class. This time it was all the way up to Portland to see a play about Pirates. FP had a great time, but was not a huge fan of how the seating in the theatre was. It was a theatre in the round, and so he had to sit on the swivel chair and lean over a railing on in the balcony to see. He's very afraid of being up high. It wasn't too bothering, although I will admit, there was more than one time I was certain my darling friend Stephanie's daughter Laeythm was going to fall right over the edge from how she was laying over the railing, lol.




This is just some random picture dated in May. We were obviously down town for some reason, but I love how long and shaggy Sheepie's hair is in it. Plus the fact he climbed up with Hobbes. Love that tiger!

Here is another great random picture. Can you find the sleeping Boy?



One day Boy had to stay home sick from school, he got to help plant the garden. Here is the bed he planted. I am sure it looks great now, but not being home to see it, I will have to guess. He was so proud of all his seeds and starts he put in.

While the daddio was gone, I made an extra effort to take the kids on as many adventures as I could, so as to make time pass faster. One day after days and days and days of horrid weather, I decided to let the kids skiv off school and we all headed off to the beach.


If you've never been to the Oregon Coast, you must stop in Newport. Right by the Oregon Coast Aquarium is the science center and it's lovely. It's free (although they do appreciate donations) and it's got amazing exhibits that my kids love.

After that we hit the beach and found the neatest sand dunes to play in for hours (after hitting up Moe's of course)



The other big event of May was that Sheepie finally earned his Yellow belt in Karate. He's been waiting for this to happen for a long time, and we are all very proud of him. He can't wait to get back to Corvallis at the end of the summer and start back up as an official yellow belt.


Is it just me or does he still look too little to have grown up so quickly!!!

No comments: