Saturday, May 30, 2009

Today I win the award...


For coolest and most brave mom ever....



Remember the mouse that I've been stalking around our house( and let's just pray it's only one!) Well, traps and gizmos aside, today I found it!!!! How, exactly does this make me the coolest and bravest mom? I found it while FP was standing right there.



I went to re-line the garbage can under the sink, I know it likes to hang out down there, because I find it's poop every time I go to clean down there. I reach to grab the garbage can, and what do you think I found inside of it; the mouse! Now, I am not really afraid of mice, I even had a pet rat once, but this is a wild, germy not supposed to be in my house kind of mouse and to me that's gross. My knee jerk reaction was to smash the little thing to bits.


The only problem with my plan was that my 5 year old, who happens to be afraid of just about everything under the planet was watching very intently now, and had, for once in his life, found something to be cool. That meant there could be no mouse smashing for me!!! Instead, I decided we would bravely put on our shoes and walk FAR, FAR, FAR away from our house and let the little bugger go.


Now if that doesn't get me the award... well then too bad. Here's hoping the little thing doesn't find it's way back to our house, and he didn't have any more buddies hanging out with him. YUCK!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're awesome!

THE YOUNG-INS said...

I would have smashed regardless of who was watching.

Tubbs Family said...

Heck ya you win the award!! Good for you! My husband has this thing about smashing spiders. So the kids think they are our friends. One day we were at the bank and they were watching a spider crawl around. A worker at the bank smashed the spider and tramatized the children. I closed my account that day. The things we do for our kids!