Monday, October 27, 2008

The Return of the King

Tuesday was the greatest day in recent 'C' family history! It was the great return of the king (aka The Hubby). His flight was scheduled to come in right in the middle of the day, which was great; it meant that we didn't have to wait a long time to see him. We would only have a few hours in the morning put the finishing touches on the house, get dressed (and we all had to look amazing!) and then leave.

I think if we'd had to wait the whole day, we'd have all gone crazy.

As it was we were a little late getting to the airport and finding parking, so Hubby (and Hubby's Dad) had already landed and gotten off the plane. Let me let you all in on a little secret-- I've decided I am never letting my husband go again! I was so happy to see him, if I wasn't such a good mother I'd have pushed my own kids out of the way just to hold him. Although I am a good mother, so I just stood back for a minute while the kids attacked him, before getting my fair share of the loving action!

Not too much else to report about that day. We drove home dropped Hubby's Dad off at his house and then stopped quickly by the movie store to rent some movies. The rest of the day was spent just cuddling up as a family watching movies (mostly so that Daddy,whose body thought it was the middle of the night, and Mommy, whose body did stay up until the middle of the night, could sleep).

We sent the boys to bed early, as you can imagine, and then the rest of the night was ours! Gosh, I'm glad to have him home! I LOVE that man!


Anyway, as promised, now that he is home I will post pictures of my skirt on me. I looked way way cuter on Tuesday than in these pictures (these were the pictures of took of myself to see how I looked in the outfit). My hair was curlier on Tuesday and I was wearing make up and a really cute necklace. But here you go... pictures of 'the table runner skirt'.







Those are my new favourite shoes, by the way.... I totally must be channeling the blue and brown thing lately because I bought the fabric and the shoes and didn't think of either of them matching at the time...











Does it make me narcissistic that I love taking pictures of myself? Maybe so... but hey, I got to make sure I look good for the Hubby somehow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOOOOVE love love those shoes!
Also, YAY for the hubby returning! I bet he's glad to be home, too.

Allanna said...

You did an AWESOME job on the skirt! Go you!!

(And I don't think it's bad to take pictures of yourself. I generally like the ones I take of me better than ones that other people take. Dunno why. ^_^)