Thursday, September 11, 2008

So Behind; Sorry

I can hardly believe (and okay, I know I say this every time I post) that I am so behind, and yet here we are with almost a week gone by and I am only just posting about Monday. Sorry folks.
After the Sunday of evilness I am glad to report that Monday went very very well. I am not exactly sure what it is, but I feel this overwhelming need to have my house be very clean while Hubby is gone. Maybe it is because I would go crazy if I had to live in squalor while dealing with the kids by myself; who knows.

Anyway, Monday began the great day of cleaning. Now my house is normally clean (like I use things that are designed for sanitizing and cleaning and make things hygienic) but I am also notorious for having a very chaotic and messy house.... Mostly I am too busy enjoying the rapid pace of life the Mighty C's live to stop and clean up after it.... but Monday began what has literally turned into a week long cleaning fest and I am loving it!!!!

Firstly though, I do have a cute Sheepie story from Sunday night to tell. After all the trouble and nightmarish behaviour, Sheepie comes out from bed and meekly whispered that he had, 'made room in my bed for you Mommy, to snuggle.' Between the look on his face, and the fact that anyone who knows us, knows that Sheepie doesn't like to snuggle me all that often, I couldn't help but jump from my chair and go curl up in his bed with him. Nice ending to a not so hot day, eh?

Back to Monday. So the cleaning began with my fridge, which I was in no way planning on cleaning, however, I went to get something out of the back and discovered that someone *coughshubbycoughs* split choclate syrup all down the back of the fridge. It was all over and probably really really old, from the looks of it. Well, if there is one thing I can't do, it is leaving anything like this done only half way. If I clean the syrup, I clean the whole fridge; that is exactly what I did. I will spare you the details of some of the things I found in there (2 month old hummus), but it is now sparkling clean and waiting to be filled with everything I need to pick up at Costco.

The other main excitement of the day was that the two older ickles went off to play at their cousins house for several hours. This was the highlight of their day, and from when their Aunt called first thing in the morning, until when she came to pick them up, after lunch, they waiting patiently staring out the window most of the time.

While they were gone, I took the opportunity to clean up my living room and give it the dusting that it was sorely in need of. I also worked on making the 40 cookbooks that I was in charge of getting together for my churches Enrichment activity. I didn't finish them Monday, but I put a nice dent into them, and since they were very labour intensive, I managed to get an impressive amount done.

When the boys got home, we ate dinner and did Family Home Evening...What exactly we did I can't recall now, but I am sure it was something that the boys enjoyed greatly. And then, after the adventures on Sunday, everyone decided it was time to turn in for an early bed time. Thank Goodness!

Since the post was kind of short, here are some cute pictures of everyone, I was able to nab here and there.

Isn't he just looking so big these days? You'd never know he was as early as he was

I can't help but love these, because one minute he's speaking sweetly to James and then....

Bam it's the end of the world...

No comments: